[LAD] Jack dropping connections ?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 27 2012 - 22:13:14 EET

Hello all,

I'm seeing a strange problem with the WFS system at the Casa del
Suono.

It consists of a number of Jack apps managed by a python program
which in turn takes its input from 'player' like remote control
apps running on two EEEs used by the musem staff.

Some of the port connections are fixed, some are made or unmade
by the python program according to the item chosen on the player
interface.

Twice now, after a few weeks of 'uptime', some of the fixed
connections have disappeared. Everything else remains normal,
the whole system still functions (apart from some missing audio
signals) and restoring the connections manually is all that
is required. No errors or whatever in any of the log files.

The connections that are lost are always between the same two
apps, both of which only have fixed connections. In other words
there is nothing in the python control program that ever touches
any ports of those two apps.

So I'm wondering what's happening here. Anyone else running
jack1 uninterrupted for months noticed anything strange ?

Ciao,

--
FA