Re: [LAD] Alsa: poll mixer events, always returns true in subsequent calls

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 01:57:05 EET

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:19:00PM +0100, Muffinman wrote:

> While I can get the first mixer event fine, in all subsequent rounds,
> both snd_hctl_wait and poll always return immediately.
>
> With the snd_mixer functions one has to call snd_mixer_handle_events to
> clear events. However, calling snd_hctl_handle_events here never returns
> and I can't quite figure out why. Nonetheless, I'm not even sure that's
> the key to my solution.
>
> Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this working?

Can't help, just offer my sympathy... Having been there just a few
hours ago, to me its seems that trying to program for ALSA using
the available (doxygen) documentation is like trying to learn a
new natural language from a dictionary for that language only -
without any grammar or even translations.

Ciao,

--
FA