Re: [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: John Rigg <ladev3@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 09 2013 - 00:29:09 EET

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 09:55:14PM +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
> By the way, to once again put up a little defense of people on Windows and
> Mac, I advice everyone to watch a masterclass with Ritchie Hawtin, a
> popular minimal house producer and dj. It is available on YouTube and he
> speaks about how he is using a modular software and hardware setup by using
> MIDI and OSC to create a complicated audio and video setup. It is amazing
> and it shows that many people on Mac and Win are experimenting and even
> writing their own software for themselves, like Richie Hawtin and his team.

To be fair I wasn't really slagging off Windows and Mac users. Most pro audio
engineers are using those after all. I'm just bemused by the attitude that
audio processing tools should be anything more than that. Pretty pictures
and dumbed down control ranges don't help me make better mixes, they just
get in my way.

John