Re: [LAD] error with jalv

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Tue Jun 18 2013 - 07:18:00 EEST

Am 17.06.2013 20:33, schrieb Gianfranco Ceccolini:
> hi LADs
>
> I installed linux on a new macbook retina and have getting some
> trouble running jalv.
>
> it gives me the error
>
> gian@email-addr-hidden-MacBookPro:~/mod/LV2/jalv-1.4.0$ jalv.gtk
> http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX
> Plugin: http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX
> UI: http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#gui
> JACK Name: GxAmplifier-X
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jackdmp 1.9.10
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> no message buffer overruns
> no message buffer overruns
> no message buffer overruns
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio1
> creating alsa driver ...
> hw:1,0|hw:1,0|256|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 256 frames (5.8 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 24bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 24bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> Block length: 256 frames
> MIDI buffers: 32768 bytes
> Comm buffers: 131072 bytes
> Update rate: 2 Hz
> using block size: 256
>
> MasterGain = -15,000000
> PreGain = 0,000000
> Distortion = 20,000000
> Drive = 0,250000
> Middle = 0,500000
> Bass = 0,500000
> Treble = 0,500000
> Cabinet = 10,000000
> Presence = 5,000000
> model = 0,000000
> t_model = 1,000000
> c_model = 0,000000
> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 684: _dl_open: Assertion
> `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT' failed!

looks like a corrupted library, using strace to find out which one it
is. Somehow in the strace output you will properly find something like
that -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
depending on your line limit in your terminal, best is to pipe the
strace output into a file,

strace jalv.gtk http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX
| > stracejalv.txt

> JackEngine::XRun: client = GxAmplifier-X was not finished, state =
> Triggered
> JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error
> gian@email-addr-hidden-MacBookPro:~/mod/LV2/jalv-1.4.0$ Unknown error...
> 'Jack::JackTemporaryException'
> what():
>
> due to the new retina display I've installed both KDE and GNOME. I
> wonder if the problems com from that.

I wouldn't believe that this will have a influence at all.