Re: [LAD] zita1 RIP

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 06 2013 - 10:40:39 EEST

On 05.09.2013 23:08, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 01:53:33PM -0700, J. Liles wrote:
>
>> Another one bites the dust... Should've run Non on it instead. Seriously
>> though, it's a shame. Fortunately, there are still quite a few
>> motherboards out there with at least one PCI slot. I trust you had
>> everything backed up!
> Almost... Lost two evenings of work on AP algorithms, but I
> have some 30 pages of scribbled notes about that, and the
> (Python) code itself wasn't that complicated, I'm rewriting
> it right now. Still, should learn to backup every day.
>
> Ciao,

Hi,

sure, regular full backups are a great thing. But there's one simple
thing I like to do especially with code: Setup your repositories on a
different machine (like a rented root server, or a public hoster like
github). Then always push your commits regularly (oh, it compiles again
- push it :D). Makes working on different machines easy, too. It's
simpler than setting up and adhering to a strict backup plan and it's
naturally incremental and closely tied to the development process.

Reminds me: I have to throw on my full backup again..

Flo