Re: [LAD] io GNU/Linux LiveDVD/USB ... 64-bit iso up :)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 19:25:43 EET

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:01:42 +0100, Brendan Jones
<brendan.jones.it@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 12/31/2013 05:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:04:54 +0100, Brendan Jones
>> <brendan.jones.it@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>>> Same reason why we don't include it in Fedora Jam. It's a non-free
>>> license.
>>
>> It's free, even for professional audio productions, just not free to use
>> for commercial software.
>> OTOH software that is not "intended" to be forked usually isn't
>> excluded.
>>
>> IMO a double standard, anyway, thank you for your answer.
>>

> Yeah I know. Fedora is pretty strict with such, debian also. You can
> grab it from the CCRMA repos though.
>
> Ralf, have you bought your fireworks yet?

Don't worry Brendan, I won't start the fire here ;). You understand what I
pointed out. It does matter if people add an official limitation to the
GPL, but it doesn't matter if a coder doesn't add a limitation, but when
people start to fork the unlimited GPLed software it became a fire on this
and at least LAU too.

I'm happy that my main distro does include linuxsampler to the official
repositories and I'm able to build it for other distros myself.

And, my main distro isn't Gentoo, there at least is a second distro with a
similar policy as Gentoo and inexperienced user can get both Aelus and
linuxsampler :p and it's good this way :).

Regards,
Ralf

PS: Cool people don't join a party at 18:30, let alone earlier :D.