Re: [LAD] io GNU/Linux LiveDVD/USB ... 64-bit iso up :)

From: Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 31 2013 - 19:37:05 EET

On 12/31/2013 06:25 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:01:42 +0100, Brendan Jones
> <brendan.jones.it@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 12/31/2013 05:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>>> It's free, even for professional audio productions, just not free to use
>>> for commercial software.
>>> OTOH software that is not "intended" to be forked usually isn't
>>> excluded.
>>>
>>> IMO a double standard, anyway, thank you for your answer.
>>>

>> Yeah I know. Fedora is pretty strict with such, debian also. You can
>> grab it from the CCRMA repos though.
>>
>> Ralf, have you bought your fireworks yet?
>
> Don't worry Brendan, I won't start the fire here ;). You understand what
> I pointed out. It does matter if people add an official limitation to
> the GPL, but it doesn't matter if a coder doesn't add a limitation, but
> when people start to fork the unlimited GPLed software it became a fire
> on this and at least LAU too.
>
> I'm happy that my main distro does include linuxsampler to the official
> repositories and I'm able to build it for other distros myself.
>
> And, my main distro isn't Gentoo, there at least is a second distro with
> a similar policy as Gentoo and inexperienced user can get both Aelus and
> linuxsampler :p and it's good this way :).
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> PS: Cool people don't join a party at 18:30, let alone earlier :D.

Point taken - its a crap license. Upstream are pretty immovable on this
one. What can we do? Not much

Sicher! I was talking about Silvester in Berlin! Already sounds like a
warzone in Weissensee here (guilty as charged - had to let off a few
knalle's) Now that the sun has gone down let's get this riot started ;)