Re: [LAD] Audio Levitation

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 05 2014 - 19:48:51 EET

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 04:12:16AM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> People knew how to decrypt RSA before it was released. Just saying.

The NSA has said it knew about the algorithm before R, S and A discovered
it. That's all. And if we accept that Wikipedia and blogs are not the
ultimate thruth, then the next question must be: where do *you* get the
information from on which your claims are based, and what makes you
think it is more reliable ?

> Besides that there is *nothing* to prove the solving factors of primes is
> an inherently difficult task.

True, you can't prove it. But there is lots of evidence that it is hard.
Factoring products of primes isn't an isolated problem. If it can be done
efficiently then lots of other problems instantly become trivial as well,
and/or vice versa. None of those has been cracked.

> The heat generated when the *snap* occurs is as hot as the surface of the
> sun. Watch the video...

Doesn't mean a thing. This happens when the bubble has been reduced to
a few micrometers at most. The amount of heat (which is not the same
as temperature) is quite small.

Ciao,

--
FA