Re: [LAD] JACK, cgroups and systemd

From: Joakim Hernberg <jbh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 14:36:48 EET

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:57:48 +0100
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> In the case of a rt setup as the one on the jack wiki, this just fail
> because systemd is designed to pollute the only cpu group we are
> using, which is a real time group, with applications that have
> nothing to do in it, and this is so bad it can result into a complete
> system freeze.

I'm not a fan of systemd for various reasons, but since my distro
archlinux uses it so do I. I also have no problems running my audio
apps SCHED_FIFO (realtime). In what way does systemd cause problems?
I also had a quick browse through /sys/fs/cgroups, and find no mention
of cpu.rt_runtime_us or anything similar?

Maybe it's an implementation issue on your distro?

--
   Joakim