Re: [LAD] Releasing source code is not enough, I think...

From: IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 24 2014 - 19:31:50 EET

On 01/21/2014 07:10 PM, Filipe Coelho wrote:
>> Linux does provide ways to downgrade and to restore from backups.

???
"linux" (as in 'kernel') does not provide anything related to that.
concerning "linux" (as in 'distribution') i can only speak for one:
Debian explicitely does *not* support downgrading. my experience with
ubuntu is small, but i gather that it doesn't even properly support
upgrading.

> tablets are a different ecosystem, we should ignore it here.

different to what?
a considerable amount of computers sold are "tablets" there days.
a considerable amount of tablets are running "linux" these days.
as a matter of fact, i think this entire discussion makes *most* sense
in "tablet world".

gfmadsr
IOhannes