Re: [LAD] JACK latency API clarifications

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 21 2014 - 16:38:01 EET

Sorry guys, other two (silly?) questions:

1. apart from the process callback, which callbacks need to be
RT-safe? Looking around I found a master thesis [1] that says: "Apart
from
the JackProcessCallback callback, which is called in the realtime
audio thread for obvious reasons, all other callbacks are called
asynchronously in a specialized non-realtime thread, to avoid
notifications to interfere with audio processing", is that true?

2. may the system sample rate actually change (while a client is running)?

[1] http://retis.sssup.it/sites/default/files/realtime_low_latency_audio_on_linux.pdf