[LAD] Audio problem for numerical optimization

From: user web210p1 <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 01 2014 - 08:49:18 EET

Hi!

I'm currently taking a course in University called "How to write fast numerical
code". We are to do a group project of 3 persons where we choose a numerical
algorithm and optimize it over the course for a particular processor (e.g. apply
vectorization, cache optimization etc...).

I was wondering if there is an interesting algorithm in audio processing that we
could apply. In particular, if there is any library developer out here that
would be interested in an optimization of one of the algorithms used, we would
be happy to contribute. Ideally, the problem is compute intensive (i.e.
bottleneck of algorithm is not the memory hierarchy). FFT is used as an example
in the lecture so it cannot be used, unless there is a significant additional
computation involved.

Thanks very much for suggestions,
Jeremia