Re: [LAD] Audio problem for numerical optimization

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2014 - 10:16:54 EET

[Paul Davis]
>On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>in addition, fftw3 has already had years of optimization applied.

Two algorithms of wide and likely lasting use that might be able to
benefit strongly from vectorisation come to my mind: sample-rate
conversion and time-stretching (the frequency-domain kind which
already benefits from FFTW efficiency but does a lot of costly
arithmetic on top of that). There's excellent code for both out there
but I think -- correct me if I'm wrong -- it's pretty much exclusively
scalar not vector/parallel processing.

Cheers,
Tim