Re: [LAD] Input/output error alsa api

From: R. Mattes <rm@email-addr-hidden-freiburg.de>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 13:00:13 EEST

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:19:38 +0000, Krause, Mathias wrote
> Hi Thiago,
>
> > Do you know if there is some rule to compiling using librtaudio?
> > Because, there is an error..and i don't know what's wrong. I'm using g++
4.7.2 and i'm compiling using:

> > $ g++<programname.cpp> -o <programname>
> >
> > The error is: undefined reference to 'RtAudio::RtAudio(RtAudio::Api)'
> > i'm including the lib in the program, normally!
>
> you need to add the library to the linker with the -l option.

And on most distros you might want to use rtaudio-config to find out the
appropriate linker and compiler flags:

 LIBS=`rtaudio-config --libs`
 CFLAGS=`rtaudio-config --cxxflags`

 etc.

 And then use these in your compiler invocation/makefile. BTW, hint to
 the portaudio developers: there's a rather standard tool for such tasks
 called pkg-config. It might be a good idea to supply a portaudio.pc
 file instead of/together with the rtaudio-config program.

  Cheers Ralf Mattes

> Regards,
> Mathias

R. Mattes -