[LAD] Hydrogen - hihat foot pedal control

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2014 - 10:58:17 EEST

Hello Sebastian,

A few weeks ago when discussed on the LAD a few enhancements for Hydrogen,
one of them was to be able to switch between open, half-open and closed
hihat samples when playing with the hihat foot control on an E-Drum.

In this fork https://github.com/blablack/hydrogen I worked out the basic
backend solution:
- instruments can be set to be part of a hihat
- if they are, they have a range associated that say to what level of foot
control pressure they react
- in the midi_input class, when a 'note on' is received, the method will
check if the instrument is a hihat, check the foot pressure and change the
note played to the one of the right hihat instrument if needed

I still need to modify the GUI (at the moment I need to change the xml of
the drumkit to be able to set that up), but if you could have a look at
this to give me some feedback that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Aurélien