Re: [LAD] AES67 + JACK

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 16 2014 - 21:17:59 EEST

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 06:20:49PM +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:

> > On 05/16/2014 05:37 PM, Jamie Jessup wrote:
> > > I would love to see this happen in the world of LA. I was recently about
> > > to embark in a HW project for an AES50 implementation, however after a
> > > quick skim of the standard this sounds a little more exciting :).
> > >
> > > A Dante "Virtual Soundcard" style thing for ALSA/JACK would be amazing.
> >
> > There is a proprietary ALSA driver for (at least) some Dante Cards, but
> > you have to ask your reseller specifically for it and pay an additional fee.
> All very interesting, but I had hopes for AVB some time ago, but
> nothing seems to have come of it :(

It's not exactly nothing, there's at least some bit of experimental
jackd integration:

   https://github.com/AVnu/Open-AVB/tree/master/examples

Granted, for the full experience, you still have to provide a lot more,
especially wrt stream reserveration and advertisement.

If you happen to have AVB-enabled network cards around, feel free to
hack. I might contribute again in the future (either AVB or AES67, not
sure), but unfortunately don't have any spare time left right now.

Cheers

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver