Re: [LAD] ladspa: dlopen failed for tap ladspa plugins

From: Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 17 2014 - 23:25:52 EEST

On 05/17/2014 09:15 PM, Zlobin Nikita wrote:
> Hello. I began work on external plugin browser, which should later be adapted
> for other resource types (just like falktx's carla currently does).
>
> For begining i adopted some source files from ladspa-sdk example listplugins
> tools, trying to get it only for ladspa. There is one bug, whose reason i
> can't understand: it crashes on tap_reflector.so, which is first scanned
> plugin from TAP collection.
I remember that some plugins crash when you do dlopen and then dlclose
without instantiating them,
and also if you run instantiate and then cleanup without a
activate+deactivate.

Try to call instantiate, activate, deactivate and cleanup for every
plugin and see if that makes a difference.

PS: Carla runs the plugin discovery in a separate process, so it can
never crash the main program.