Re: [LAD] The modular audio chronicles ep. 1

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2014 - 17:08:51 EEST

Am 25.06.2014 15:34, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 03:10:22PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>
>> Drag the preset (bank) from the bank list, which is on bottom of the
>> main window, when you push the preset button on bottom of the main
>> window, drop it to the desktop, file-browser, web-browser (upload
>> then to guitarix preset share forum), or any window which support
>> standard drag n' drop. For import just the other way round. It's
>> like Open Office do it, for example.
>> The same way you move or insert plugs in the rack, by drag n' drop them.
> I'm not using an obese desktop (so no desktop files), and I
> don't even have a file browser installed. So that means
> I can't load or save presets ?
>
> LibreOffice has as file browser built-in, maybe I should start
> that to load or save a guitarix preset ?
>
> I'm not a guitar player so this doesn't matter for me. But
> and app that *only* has DND and no other way to load or save
> seem s like severely crippled to me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, you can save/load presets inside the guitarix
preset window (no d'n'd' needed), d'n'd is used for communicate with the
"outside world", so to share presets.
And, if you won't use d'n'd' at all, you can as well go the route over
the usual copy and paste files with mc.

Fons, I would love if you once use guitarix and get your own impression
of our work. Still, it isn't just a guitar rack, it is a tube amp
emulation in the first place, that's right, but you can disable that.
What leaves then, is a effect rack which focused on live usage. Ultra
fast preset switching, without glitches or klicks, midi learn, numpad or
keyboard to control the effects, support for headless use, web interface
support (Android, IPad, . . .), support for run the interface (multiple
instances) on different machines (strictly different processes) ,
bluetooth, avahi, support for ladspa and lv2 plugs, straight mono->
stereo order, . . .