Re: [LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 30 2014 - 01:53:41 EEST

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM, hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de> wrote:

> Am 29.06.2014 17:35, schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> You turned it into something which it isn't,
>
>> at the same time removing one its qualities: the calibrated controls
>> which enable the user to set a preset 'from his/her head' which is
>> something experienced audio engineers do all the time.
>>

> Mind the little "p" button on the right side, therewith you can save and
> load single effect presets. That is the way we do it in guitarix.

I can't speak for Fons but I'll try anyway. I don't think Fons was talking
about whether it was possible to use presets. I think he was talking about
having a specific set of controls with very specific calibrations that
would synergistically combine with the experience of an experienced audio
engineer so that finding "the effect I am looking for" was easy.