Re: [LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2014 - 10:24:43 EEST

Am 01.07.2014 09:09, schrieb Gordon JC Pearce:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 07:33:31AM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
>> Regarding FaustLive, do you know that we (guitarix project) working
>> on a analog circuit simulation toolkit, which will generate faust
>> code from gSchem ( http://www.geda-project.org/ ) schematics?
>> Imagine a electronic circuit designer could create a plug schematic
>> and "hear" direct what a change from 1k resistor to 2k resistor will
>> sounds like, if such a toolkit be integrated in FaustLive.
>>
>> Faust rocks!<B0>!
> Okay, so you get to hear what your simulation sounds like. It won't sound even remotely like real hardware. Circuit simulation only tells you how your circuit behaves in a simulator - it does not in any way resemble real-life results.

It is always good to be sceptically! Only this way we could improve stuff.
How close it comes to the real hardware depend surly on the simulation
toolkit, and at least, still it will be a simulation.
As a example, we have the jcm800pre, a GCB95 and a baxandall tone
control simulation as plugin in guitarix, generated with this toolkit.