Re: [LAD] Open Source to be or not to be?

From: Etienne Rouge <contact@email-addr-hidden-rouge.net>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2014 - 15:06:50 EEST

This topic's just gone full chaos quite a while ago.

I'd love to read things without seeing people namely attacked or things
completly off topic.

Open source is a great ideal. But *today* it's a thankless ideal.

What about tomorrow ?

Either we quit this ideal and just go back 20years in the past (and if
we have to chose a closed proprietary market, I'd rather have those good
ol' big boxes full of stuffs rather than DRMs - which are both based on
the same economical model) or we find a way to get open source
developers rewarded. Rewarded socially, personally, and financially.

Solving that is the only way to stop escalating to the emotional level
at light speed.

And that'd be great.

Thanks.

T.