Re: [LAD] midi controlers

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2014 - 19:17:02 EEST

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014, Paul Davis wrote:

> its own physical connection point, maybe. but USB interconnection is heavily hub
> dependent. and each port doesn't get its own one of those. groundloop protection
> for a serial data protocol?

It would not effect the serial data, but audio may be present on the same
device, or another connected to it. I have a USB audio interface that
introduces hum to the monitor amp. I haven't had time to trouble shoot it
yet, but it does have balanced outputs and the monitor has balanced in, so
I may be able to just lift the interconnecting ground.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net