[LAD] Intro article on AES67 clocks

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2014 - 00:04:12 EEST

Hi!

Let me forward you an article that was just posted to the AES67 mailing
list. If you consider to implement AES67 one day, this article gives you
a brief introduction to the clocks involved.

If you're already familiar with PTP (IEEE 1588), there's no use in
reading it, since AES67 of course uses PTP (like Ethernet/AVB).

For a real-world implementation, one can assume that PTP is taken care
of by linuxptp, one of the way too many competing PTP implementations.
To the best of my knowledge, linuxptp is really the way forward, all
other implementations are considered obsolete, at least on mainstream
Linux.

Without further ado, here's the article:

    http://www.tvtechnology.com/audio/0098/for-aes-timing-is-everything/271322

Cheers

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver