Re: [LAD] Software sound

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 31 2014 - 12:43:23 EEST

On Sat, 2014-08-30 at 10:13 +0100, W.Boeke wrote:
[snip]

I'm able to edit existing Yoshimi sounds, but that's not my point. My
point is to add a vector control that is similar to the one provided by
the Yamaha TG33, then you exactly would get a musician friendly control
to edit sounds. People often can't imagine how effectively different
sounds can be produced by recording a mixing sequence with a joystick,
even if it only records volume and fine tune. There is no easier
effective sound editing than to record a volume/pitch mix with a vector
control. The joystick could be provided virtually by a GUI, as done by
Alchemy
http://www.camelaudio.com/images/ios/1-1-35/iphone/alchemy-mobile-iphone-1-1-35-xy-pads.png .

Instead of using Yoshimi simply providing a MIDI filter that can record
vector movements and store them and sends it to 4 other synth. The
vector simply could send CC data for volume.

IOW the MIDI filter, perhaps using the same CC as the TG33, IOW CC 16
vector x-axis and CC 17 vector y-axis are translated to CC 7 volume for
4 different synths and then is send to them. The MIDI filter will record
the sequence of the vector control and MIDI channels of the 4 synth in
presets.

JFTR have you ever used a vector controlled synth such as the TG33?