Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio Conference 2015?

From: Albert Graef <aggraef@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 07 2014 - 13:20:01 EEST

Hi everybody,

Sorry for the lack of communication from my side. I've been ill and mostly
lying in bed the past 2-3 weeks (still do) and my team is on vacation.
Otherwise you'd have seen that announcement already. There will be a more
formal announcement with all the relevant information real soon now, but
let me first give you the most important bits so that you can already mark
the date in your calendars:

Our beloved Linux Audio Conference (LAC) will take place at the

  Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU) in Mainz (Germany)

  from Thu, April 9 to Sun, April 12 2015

Last year's LAC was at the ZKM in Karlsruhe, and Mainz (the capital of the
German Bundesland of Rhineland-Palatinate) is not very far from there. In
fact it's right in the vicinity of Frankfurt/Main airport (some 17 min with
the ICE fast train), so it should be easy for everybody to get here.

The LAC regulars among you probably know me, as I've been to most LACs
myself. But for those who don't, I'm the head of the computer music
research group at the JGU, mathematician, computer scientist, open source
developer, and long time Linux user and Linux audio enthusiast. I'm
organizing LAC 2015 on the behalf of the LAC organization team together
with my team and some of my friends and colleagues, and we've already been
busy to get our hands on all the needed locations and technical equipment.
The entire conference and the concert events will take place on our campus
(which is fairly big, our university has some 35000 students, kind of like
a small city of its own). All the relevant locations are within walking
distance: lecture halls, concert venues, restaurants and cafeterias.

Ok, I guess that this is all I have to say right now. :) As I said, a more
formal announcement will follow later. I hope to meet many of you at LAC
2015 at Mainz, so that we can make it a great conference! If you have any
further questions at this point then please don't hesitate to contact me by
email or the usual social network facilities (I'm on both G+ and fb);
please see my signature below.

Thanks,
Albert