[LAD] How can a LV2 plugin know on what host's MIDI Channel it's on?

From: Phil CM <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 16 2014 - 18:42:32 EEST

Is there a way to retrieve this info (and others, ideally) from the
host, thus removing the need for a "midi channel" control port?

Also, is there a way to tie the "volume" controller of the host (in
Qtractor's case, the volume fader of the mixer strip) to one "volume"
control port of the plugin, thus removing the need for the "control
mode" control port ?

Yes because you see, here in my Qtractor (latest SVN - but it has always
been that way) I can either edit the plugin (about 50% of my plugins
behave that way) controls but then the mixer's volume is inoperant, or
control the volume w/ said mixer but NOT the plugins controls. How can I
have my cake and eat it?

Ta-ta

--Phil