Re: [LAD] Fwd: Re: How can an LV2 plugin UI get the value of a control port from the plugin?

From: Philippe Coatmeur <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2014 - 14:26:43 EEST

Hello Harry;

On 20/10/14 09:07, Harry van Haaren wrote:

> Most NTK widgets that have a "value" like a slider or a dial, derive
> from a base class that implements value() and value( float );
>
> What this means for a widget, is that in order to change the value of
> a widget called "wid", we do this:
> wid->value( 0.0f ); // sets widget value to 0
Oh, I get that, believe me. The info I need is around that ; I wish your
sentence had started earlier, like so "in port_event(), given /this/
class declared like /this/ and an objet wid instantiated like /this/, we
do this (...)"

 From my port_event() I point to my UI object via the LV2UIHandle. this
object is a NTK widget (or so I hope, read on). So if I get a:

error: ‘class KisWidget’ has no member named ‘value’ (it's pretty explicit)

It means the class KisWidget has no member named "value" I guess we can
agree on that ;)

It must be that I did not declare my Widget class as a proper NTK
widget. The declaration is at line 25 in this file
<https://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur/kis/src/8c3a85a9899f117d2fa273b6c7948402d780fb46/widget.h?at=master>.
The instantiation of the widgets (a FL_Dial and 5 FL_Slider) is at line
96 in this file
<https://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur/kis/src/8c3a85a9899f117d2fa273b6c7948402d780fb46/widget.cpp?at=master>.

Now for the direct questions:

  * Is it a proper NTK widget class declaration, that would expose a
    value() method?
  * Are those proper NTK widget class instances?

Thanks for your patience

--Phil

Philippe "xaccrocheur" Coatmeur
http://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur / https://github.com/xaccrocheur