Re: [LAD] Jack not starting MOD-Duos Audio Interface Driver

From: Rafael Guayer <rafael@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 23 2014 - 14:50:55 EEST

I solved this by adding the format S24_3LE to:

aSoC Codec Driver snd_soc_dai_driver->formats
aSoC Plataform Driver (DMA) snd_pcm_hardware->formats
aSoC Plataform Driver (I2S) snd_soc_dai_driver->capture->formats and
snd_soc_dai_driver->playback->formats

The codec CS4245 only works with 32 bit word size, so i am converting from
S24_3LE in the I2S plataform driver by setting the word size 32bits.

Thanks!

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Rafael Guayer wrote:
>>
>> I am working with S24_LE on CODEC Cirrus Logic CS4245. Does S24_LE works
>>> with jack?
>>>

>> Just a quick guess on my part... may need to be presented as 32 bit. I
>> have also seen S24_3LE in some places, but any jack startups I have seen
>> are either 16 or 32 bit. 24bit samples are stored as 32 bits in any case
>> with the lowest 8 as zero. See:
>>

> JACK tries 32, 24 and 16 bit in that order, with endianess determined by
> the platform, unless told on the command line to use only 16 bit.

Rafael Guayer
www.portalmod.com <http://www.portalmod.com.br>