Re: [LAD] Jack1 and Fl::lock

From: Mark D. McCurry <mark.d.mccurry@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 15 2015 - 06:15:41 EEST

On 04-14, Aurélien Leblond wrote:
> I have been debugging an issue in Giada where sometimes it would get
> disconnected from Jack1 at start (not Jack2).
>
> During my debugging, I found that the JackSyncCallback method setup in
> Giada's jack_set_sync_callback uses Fl::lock which blocks the main
> process and Jack doesn't like that.
> I believe that's what the problem is (especially as after removing
> them I cannot reproduce it anymore)...
>
> Does anyone who knows Jack much better than I do (in fact I'm a real
> noob in that area) think I'm right in my investigation's finding?

From http://jackaudio.org/api/group__TransportControl.html
"This realtime function must not wait."
So, this blocking behavior should not exist and can cause all sorts of
issues.

After running stoat on giada there are a few issues in both the process
callback and the sync callback.
These issues are now documented on giada's github issue tracker:
https://github.com/monocasual/giada/issues/49

--Mark