Re: [LAD] RME madi latency

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 06 2016 - 18:39:37 EET

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 10:41:06PM +0100, Markus Seeber wrote:

> The buffersize can confuse applications which assume, that the
> buffersize is variable and is always (buffersize = framesize * periods)
> but I guess that this is not an assumption that should be made in the
> first place.

Assumptions about the hardware buffer size shouldn't be made,
but it seems reasonable to assume that the driver will make
the device work *as if* the buffersize were framesize * periods
if these parameters are set without error. I've never seen any
driver for which this is not the case.

Otherwise there is no point in setting the amount of buffering
via periods at all !

Ciao,

--
FA