Re: [LAD] RME madi latency

From: Markus Seeber <markus.seeber@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2016 - 23:41:06 EET

On 02/03/2016 03:40 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 02/03/2016 02:54 PM, Fokke de Jong wrote:
>> Hi Adrian,
>>
>> I could’ve guessed you were on this list as well :-)
>> I’m going to try this tomorrow when back in the studio, or maybe I can
>> even do it remote if I have left everything patched up correctly :-)
>>
>> I will come back with the results.
>> Thanks for your input!
>>
>> fokke
>
> watching this with interest, keep us posted about your results and
> longer-term experience with this card!
>

> best,
>

> jörn

I have tested the card for a short period of time and can confirm that
it works as intended. The only thing is, that the mixer controls are not
available via alsamixer and the internal routing matrix is fixed. On the
other hand, I guess that is a bonus as something you can not set, can't
be set wrong ;)

The buffersize can confuse applications which assume, that the
buffersize is variable and is always (buffersize = framesize * periods)
but I guess that this is not an assumption that should be made in the
first place.

Measurement with jack_delay seemed plausible too back then.

Was the driver already included in mainline? I saw the patch on
alsa-devel but kind of lost track of it.