Re: [LAD] Multiple JACK servers connected in one host?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2016 - 15:34:30 EET

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden
> wrote:

> Are we absolutely sure this is the case? That Jonathan has not found a
> "bug" in JACK2 or the DSP load algorithm?

the dataflow algorithm doesn't have a lot of room for bugs. but sure, yes,
it is possible. however, this is easy to determine with a debug build
(maybe even just a --verbose run) of JACK.

> > - reduce the amount of work done by each client.
>
> According to Jonathan his multiple cores are barely reaching 5% usage. How
> can JACK_DSP be so high when there is so much room left to play with if
> JACK2 is handling the parallelism correctly?

He doesn't have *that* much parallelism. He has 6 non-parallelizable
stages, each one with varying levels of parallelism.