Re: [LAD] Drumgizmo 0.9.9 released

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 18:02:06 EET

Am 24.03.2016 um 16:43 schrieb Bent Bisballe Nyeng:
> You should set the path to point to you "src/VST SDK" folder, so that
> the public.sdk folder resides within that path.

(I'm assuming you mean "src/VST3 SDK".)

Then I get the following compilation error:

http://pastebin.com/HYLWN25Z

I don't know where the './' prefix in the path comes from. When I try a
relative path (i.e. "--vst-source-path=../VST3\\ SDK"), I get:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../VST3
SDK/public.sdk/source/vst2.x//audioeffectx.cpp', needed by
'libvstsdk_la-audioeffectx.lo'. Stop.

> DrumGizmo has only been tested with vstsdk 2.4 and I'm pretty sure it
> won't work with VST3.

AFAICS the "plugin.sdk/source/vst2.x" directory in the VST3 SDK contains
the VST2.4 files, so it should be compatible.

> AFAIK the vstsdk 2.4 sources has been officially abandoned by Steinberg
> so it can be a bit hard to find, but it should be possible to find it
> floating around somewhere on the internet.

I have the VST2.4 SDK distribution, but since it can't be freely
distributed or downloaded, it's no use for packaging a software.
Downloading a PKGBUILD and building an AUR package from it is supposed
to be a process that should be possible without manual intervention.
That doesn't work, if the user has to download the VST2.4 SDK distro
manually.

I have used the VST3 SDK successfully in several AUR packages, I don't
think it should be a problem, if the paths are correct in the Makefile.

Chris