Re: [LAD] aBLETON lINK

From: Daniel Swärd <excds@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 23 2016 - 12:46:50 EEST

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 19:58 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> That's pretty cool IMHO and I wish more companies would do that!
>
> Also coming up with a protocol is the easier part. Documenting it,
> pushing it out to users, gaining traction in the industry etc is the
> hard part.

I agree with this. This thread has been a little bit agressive and I
don't really understand why.

From my point of view, integration with AL will probably have
interesting side effects among all musical applications. Imagine
jam/performance sessions with musicians combining many different DAWs
and loopers running on multiple platforms.

The whole point of such a protocol as they've developed it is to
increase creativity and to open up possibilities for collaboration and
new musical ideas. Isn't that one of the reasons we like to hangout on
mailing lists like this one?

        /Daniel