Re: [LAD] Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation

From: Fokke de Jong <fokkedejong@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2017 - 15:56:52 EET

HI Guys,

Thank you for all the info. So I now have several options.

1) recompiling with dbus disabled.
2) use jack1

I think either will work for me, but i’d just like to know. My other system has S11 installed, but when i’m booting into console mode, jack also works fine.
So, does this mean the mere presence of X11 on a system (without actually running it) is enough?

cheers,
Fokke