Re: [LAD] need help mixing on the fly

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 18 2017 - 16:42:14 EET

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 01:44:32AM +0000, David Griffith wrote:

> For a couple years I've been trying, without success, to reliably
> mix two audio streams on the fly in C. I'm using libao, libmodplug,
> libsamplerate, libsndfile, and libvorbis. The program is Frotz
> (https://github.com/DavidGriffith/frotz), a Z-machine emulator for
> playing old Infocom games as well as newer ones. Could I please get
> some help with this?

Mixing audio from two audio streams just requires adding the streams
sample by sample. I'm pretty sure that the real problem here is not
mixing but something else. But with the limited info you provide we
can only guess.

Where are the streams coming from ? What are the formats ? Where is
the result supposed to go ? etc. etc. etc.

Ciao,

--
FA