Re: [LAD] USB audio interface

From: Rafael Vega <email.rafa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2017 - 19:13:39 EEST

I own a Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL which worked just fine on an older
macbook running Arch Linux. I switched computers recently and the Presonus
gets a lot of xruns on this new computers. I saw some posts that suggest
that unit is not compatible with USB 3 ports.
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13093&sid=d57c684ef372ed2a28fd487f102cc690#p57256

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
wrote:

> PS: You mentioned live usage. If you use a 19" rack it doesn't
> matter, if you chose a Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL or a Focusrite Scarlett
> 18i20 2nd Gen, but if you carry the device in a bag, it might be
> important, to be aware that the Presonus is smaller, but it has got an
> external power supply. The power supply is also small.
> However, the Presonus requires more power via USB, than the Focusrite,
> it's within the standard, but some portable computers might need an USB
> hub, if they should limit USB power to safe energy.

Rafael Vega
email.rafa@email-addr-hidden