Re: [LAD] USB audio interface

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2017 - 20:10:27 EEST

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017, Rafael Vega wrote:

> I own a Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL which worked just fine on an older macbook
> running Arch Linux. I switched computers recently and the Presonus gets a lot of
> xruns on this new computers. I saw some posts that suggest that unit is not
> compatible with USB 3 ports.
> https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13093&sid=d57c684ef372ed2a28fd487
> f102cc690#p57256

My understanding is that this particular problem is that it is a hardware
problem with some of the Intel MB chipsets (not the cpu itself). The first
thing to check however, is what else in your new computer is using the
same usb port, or the same irq. Some people have better luck removing the
USB3 driver and running the USB3 as USB2. Some have done better just
adding a PCIe USB card (in a desktop). Rumour is NEC USB chipsets work
better... but it could be just using a PCIe card on a fresh irq too.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net