Re: [LAD] Jack buffer requirements

From: Gordonjcp <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2017 - 20:02:29 EEST

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 09:37:43AM -0700, benravin wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Thanks for the link. In fact I'm developing broadcast receiver for digital
> radio standards like DAB, ISDB-T etc. I had a look at your source code. By
> using mplayer the IQ output will be fed into jack input port which is the
> capture port right ?

That's correct. That allows me to have a prerecorded IQ capture file
that I can play back without an off-air signal.

I wrote lysdr in the first place because converting Quisk to accept
prerecorded files was such a massive pain in the arse, and I wanted to
demo Software-Defined Radio at my local amateur radio club with no
aerial in the distinctly RF-hostile centre of Glasgow :-D

> DAB frame duration is 24ms which corresponds to 24ms of audio. But the
> audio frame size can be max 60ms. Can JACK support different buffer lengths
> for each clients ?

You'll need to talk me through that a bit. Does that mean that you end
up buffering more input frames than you're playing out? Or do you have
60ms output from a 24ms input that arrives somewhere in a 60ms
timeslice?

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ