Re: [LAD] What's with Nedko Arnaudov?

From: Simon van der Veldt <simon.vanderveldt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2017 - 22:18:44 EET

> The source tarball download link, that I replaced in the PKGBUILD (see
first mail) went missing, as there was no web server running on gna.org
 anymore.
> Now I switched to the git repo mentioned in the same link, but the
tarball naming is not based on tags.
> a2jmidid still works, but a flaky upstream is just not so nice to deal
with as a packager at the dawn of reproducible builds in Arch.

Ah, so that was the issue. Yeah, we ran into this issue as well. Using git
probably makes the most sense, or make use of your distro's mirror
functionality (I believe arch offers this as well, not sure though).
The tags do actually match with the releases and the tarball names, they
are just single integers. I.e. the link we had was "http://download.gna.org/
a2jmidid/a2jmidid-8.tar.bz2", which matches git tag 8.
For a list, see http://repo.or.cz/a2jmidid.git/refs, but you probably
already checked that.