Re: [LAD] midi2tcp and tcp2midi, working prototype

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2018 - 18:02:51 EEST

Am 06.09.18 um 14:43 schrieb Jonathan E. Brickman:
> I also had to rename it back to TCP after re-reading the Mido library
> docs yet again, it is using rtpmidi backend

That's a misunderstanding on your part. The mido default backend is
"RtMidi" (one of several possible), or rather its Python binding
"python-rtmidi" (of which I am the author).

RtMidi has solely to do with local MIDI I/O, nothing with networking
(though, with the CoreMIDI low-level backend on OS X you can of course
profit from its networking capabilities).

The networking code in mido has nothing to do with RtMidi or RTPMidi.

Chris