Re: [LAD] OSC

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2018 - 20:27:47 EEST

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, Thomas Brand wrote:

> On Tue, September 11, 2018 10:34, David Runge wrote:

>> I guess a good first starting point is to contact the former maintainers
>> and get them involved (and to notify them about the website status - maybe
>> it needs a new home?).

yes.

>> Guess it would also be nice to find out what the motivations behind
>> abandoning 1.1 were.

just that the project was no longer funded. I don't think it was broken
and there are projects that do use some of the 1.1 spec. it is difficult
to encourage new projects (glass controlers mostly) to support 1.1 stuff
when there is no spec to point at.

> Hey, i have collected a few OSC related documents in this repository some
> time ago: https://github.com/7890/osc_spec

Great! This is at least somewhere to point people.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net