Re: [LAD] Open Source Design (paid and pro bono design)

From: Thorsten Wilms <self@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 29 2018 - 19:02:42 EET

On 29/11/2018 17.32, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Interesting that on their goals page they never mention "users" or
> "customers". So how are they going to understand what works if users are
> never consulted?

That's clearly up to every single project. So from the point of view of
"Open Source Design", the question is what works or doesn't work
regarding designer involvement and designer-developer interaction.

Now one may complain that the Why is kinda missing. Obviously there's an
assumption that "opening up the design process" and so on is a good
thing that doesn't need to be explained.

It is then up to said designers and developers to care about user
feedback, iterations, testing. Or not. One may concentrate on general
fitness for purpose, pay not too much attention to the subset of users
that gets loud, and lack the resources to do real user testing, anyway! ;)

The last time I got across that job listing, the few paid items were too
old already.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: