Re: [linux-audio-user] Funds for free audio software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Funds for free audio software
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 19:38:35 EEST

Linium wrote:

> Hello,
>
> "Linuxgames" ( a commercial site selling games for linux) collects funds for
> open source game projects.
>
> Similary, are users here willing to fund some open source audio softwares ?
>
> I see that a lot of gpl projects are starving, may be giving some money could
> quicken things a little. It could help to get some asked features too :)
>
> What do you think about it ?

good idea in general, if only the payment was a little more simple.
for me as a german resident, sending someone in the US fifty dollars
would cost me ten bucks handling charge :(
and no, i don't have a credit card, and i don't plan to get one.

has anyone checked out paypal ?
i know paul davis has set up an account, so you could fund ardour
through paypal, but i'm not sure how it works.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany