Re: [linux-audio-user] Complete Transition

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Complete Transition
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 20:36:46 EEST

Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> > It will be easy for me to add an LAU FAQ to the LAU guide ;)
> >
> > Just send in some ideas and I will put it together.
> >
> > A midi howto would be really useful also.
>
> I could put together a basic answer for 'What can I use?', now
> that I know a little bit more about the options. I'm not sure
> when I'll have the time to actuall download and install the
> cools stuff people have told me about with school being back
> and all. But I wouldn't mind writing about it when I'm done.

i think it's not really necessary to write an extensive document
about which programs to use.
that's probably impossible anyway, and you'll likely step on
people's toes by omitting their favourite apps.

may i suggest that when someone finds a combination of programs that
works for them, just write a description of the setup.
tell us what you do with it and what problems/goodies it has. this
way, we get a real useful archive together, in a cookbook style.
like, you want to record voices and create a midi patchset with
different choir-like sounds, here's how i did it.
this would need a well chosen subject and maybe some keywords in the
message.

(for example, i'd love to hear what snd, ladspa and common music are
able to do, never quite grokked that myself.)

just my personal opinion, however.

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany