Re: [linux-audio-user] .mov

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] .mov
From: Sujal Shah (sshah_AT_progress.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 23:09:42 EEST

Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I tried to play .mov files on gxanim. The thing would
> not play then though. The aplication crashed. These
> .mov files that I was playing was originally inteded
> for quicktime. Is there a work around a player that
> will let me play .mov quicktime files?
>
> Jeremiah

Probably not... most quicktime movies you download off the web use the
Sorenson codec, which is proprietary and has not been released, AFAIK,
for any movie player I know of for Linux.

This doesn't mean that all quicktimes are unuseable, just those that use
the Sorenson codec. Unfortunately, most quicktimes out their use this
codec, so it's a bit problematic. :-/

Sujal

--
---- Sujal Shah ---- PSC Labs (Progress Software) ----