[linux-audio-user] Compiling information - slightly [OT]

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Compiling information - slightly [OT]
From: Glenn (liquidgroove_AT_mindless.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 07:38:06 EEST

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Linux and have been working with Mandrake 8.0 now. I
haven't done much with Linux and Audio but I'm hoping to move all of my
Csound work to Linux.

My question doesn't really pertain to Linux and Sound rather than by getting
my system set up I'll be able to transfer my audio files to and from my
other
computer and start doing more audio work.

I'm configuring Netatalk and have almost completed it, except for the part
of compiling the kernal. I've read the readme's and Kernal-Howto but I'm
still at a loss at how to get Netatalk to compile as a module. The
Kernal-Howto isn't helping me as I don't have a /usr/src/linux directory on
my machine, I do have a /usr/src/RPM directory though. Can anyone give me
any tips with this or point me to another good resource that will help. I'm
imagining that many people working with audio have other MAC/PC systems
around and have worked out the use of Netatalk and Samba(my next adventure,
followed by installing my new sound card).

Glenn,