Re: [linux-audio-user] Good MIDI sequencer software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good MIDI sequencer software
From: John Lazzaro (lazzaro_AT_CS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 22:31:43 EEST

> It should also allow me to edit them. MIDI
> format as well as MPEG4-SA format is ok.

Enrique Arnuncio added ALSA sequencer support to sfront a
few months ago, and so you should be able to drive an
MPEG 4 Structured Audio program with sequencer software
that can handle the /dev/snd/seq device -- he noted that
he had success driving it from Jazz++. I don't use ALSA
myself so I don't know the details of using ALSA sequencer
support, but see:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/sfman/user/cmdline/alsaseq/index.html

for some info -- it looks like the default setup using the
-cin alsaseq should just work for typical setups, the more
detailed instructions here seem to be for complex systems.

For generic info on sfront:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/

                                                        --jl