Re: [linux-audio-user] SBLive mailing list?

From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 15:17:39 EEST

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:12:21 -0400

 jhines_AT_iolinc.net (Hines, Jim) wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 September 2001 08:43 pm, you wrote:

> > "Hines, Jim" wrote:

> > > BTW, how many SBLive users are there on this list?

> > I'm one...using it with ALSA 0.5.11 (and occasionally

> OSS/Linux)...

> It's starting to look like everyone that's posted is

> either using Alsa

> or OSS. I'm currently using the drivers from the kernel

> dist (not

> specifically OSS). Is that essentually the same as

> openoss or not?

Yeah the CURRENT kernel drivers are OSSFree or whatever. I'm
sure in the future they probably will be ALSA, which kicks
butt right now even though the API hasn't quite stablised
yet (when??? Do take your time :) I'm mainly interested in
ALSA for its nice sequencer support, but it looks like its
PCM support is quite flexible as well. Once the API
stablises I'm sure there will be much improvement in the
area of Linux multimedia and music applications. Oohh please
god, help those ALSA developers stablise the API.. Ohh
please :)
   Josh