Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap, good quality soundcard

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheap, good quality soundcard
From: Björn Lindström (bkhl_AT_anisakis.org)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 14:15:05 EEST

Andre Pang <ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au> [010921 13:10]:
> i just got a STAudio (Hoontech) DSP24 MkII for my Windows 2000
> machine, and I'm _really_ impressed with its quality. i'm
> pretty sure there are a few users on alsa-devel and
> linux-audio-dev who are using it (or some variant of it);
> Hoontech also sell the DSP24 Value, which is insanely cheap for
> a 24/96 card. if it's anywhere near as good as the DSP24 MkII,
> it'll be the bargain soundcard IMHO.

I have Hoontechs old SoundTrack 128PCI. There is an OSS driver
for that and some similar cards on
http://www.anime.net/~sam9407/. That driver is a bit odd and for
example doesn't have a standard mixer device, but requires the
use of a special mixer program.

I would be really nice if someone ported this driver to ALSA.
Then I could put that old card to use agein.

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl_AT_anisakis.org> http://anisakis.org/~bkhl/
Repslagaregatan 5A, SE-753 33 Uppsala